Here is a collection of videos on rotator cuff stretches. This should be the first step of any rotator cuff rehab program
Guidelines for performing the stretches:
- Check with a health care professional before you attempt these exercises to ensure that it is safe for you.
- Do the exercises slowly and gently.
- Failing to follow the instructions or consult with a health care professional could cause your symptoms to worsen.
- Try to breathe slowly and keep your body relaxed. Do not tense up or hold your breath as this will invite muscle spasm.
- You should feel a gentle stretching sensation, but you should not feel any pain during the exercises. Be especially careful of any sharp or pinching pain. If you do feel pain, decrease the range of movement by stopping before you get to the point of pain. Continue the exercise within the pain free range.
- If you cannot find a comfortable, pain free way to do these exercises, discontinue immediately and seek the advice of a health care professional.
- Do the exercises in a set of 3 for a minimum of 3 times a day for best results.
- Hold the stretch for a minimum of 15 seconds each time.
- Receiving massage or acupuncture treatments as part of your rehabilitation can improve your recovery.